domingo, 22 de septiembre de 2019

Sunday evening fever 4ever

Haven't been here lately, eh
no excuses, busy with something else
lof, work, usual inner desperation and
classic ups  downs & downers
when lof ended last time I
found it several times somewhere else
coffee places, pubs, always up north
I saved the city night after night so
once a week had breakfastdinner by 7am
the only living boy in Edinburgh
about to break apart but alive
terrible but endless coffee there
could sip it til 10am and read
I read as much as in '99

see, there probably are better books
than the ones we like to read
but we don't like them as much
always follow your heart about that
maybe Hank was not the best of men
but he wrote better than any other
about the only things that matter
life, absence, fuckt and getting olde
it will keep happening 
so try and learn from the master
and if you don't like him don't read

don't you ever attempt to read a book
go watch a TV talent show
buy english food and contraceptives
listen to pop idols or rap or trap
enjoy some time off at Benidorm
celebrate marriages and births
pay taxes and vote Leave
oppose to autodetermination
defy gravity from a balcony
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
never take a sick day at work
ask for as many extra shifts as possible
invite friends to your wedding
in the middle of their holidays
buckfast your cold blood
if it makes you happy
or get drowned in the sea for all that matters
fucking disgraceful shit as a prick

A-N-Y-W-A-Y
"one more creature dizzy with lof"
While in Aberdeen last spring
staying at The Lost Guest House 
as a lost guest, needless to say
a hellish noise woke me up at 3am
like a wild boar from Hades
snoring like dead meat in fangs
outside my room
I thought it was all over
finally He had found me
just when I had a writing job
or at least writing occupation
or something bloody related
about Scotland or so

I was not ready to leave
I stood an hour in the dark
listening, waiting, breathing
sweating along that noise from hell
finally a night concierge that wasn't me
found the boar AKA drunkard guy
got lost in corridor and slept next 
awake he got away and awake I wept
for having escaped once again
as I keep running away from it
not everytime

recently I finished a horror story
"The Eyes of The Gorgon"
been in my head for years
I also mentioned it here 
throught some lines in shitty poetry
about an old friend of mine
and that was it THE END
so the story is about possession
daimonic and somehow ramuntic
and 90% autobiographical
currently waiting to win a contest
or ten or as many as possible 
same as another recent short one
"All that's best from dark and bright"
thanks Byron from Lord to Lord
about another old friend of mine
which I desperately lofd for a while
always forever for a while
but the best is yet to come

30 hours awake now
better get some rest
if you ever come back here 
you know where to find me
if you ever want to wake me up
it won't bother me that much
as it may have before
I'm never short of lof
but I could do with some more
all that's bright about life and lof
and ruock and movies and art
and seks and boox and you
"you" as in the plural form
a very plural form

I wrote this in a wink
same as a quick act of lof
with someone you liekd lang ag0
not a masterpiece but 
just to see I'm still worthy
I still can do it
I still can have everything
and let it loose to win it again
this fever won't ever go down
but I'll go down on you
as a thousand plural form


 © Laurie Lipton 







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario