lunes, 10 de agosto de 2015

Chant of Hope even in the darkests of times

OK there must be better things than
Cleaning the room twice a month
Be best friends with the clerk at Poundland
Going to work (no explanation required)
Being nice to flatmates

(even that strange girl from England)
Listening to same stuff all over again
Getting concerts cancelled in the face
(That's you, Status Quo. Never forget)
Sketching stories that I'll never write
(takes too long and gives back too little)
Being invited to a Cabaret show
And even enjoying it (not expected)
We were VIPs that night 
And yes, even THAT matter
which I pretend to forget
Just let me go back to the thread
And it goes like this
Walking down the Royal Mile
even during the Fringe
Grabbing the handed leaflets
Making the job easier for people
Who once dreamed for a real job
That's what I call high hopes
Feeling dead while sleeping in the city
Not the worst case scenario
I've survived to whole nights in a bus
I'll survive to some days in hell
I'm OK, you see
I'm always OK
At least alive
Still.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario