miércoles, 12 de abril de 2017

And now you'll know

"Put a little work on it", you said
and thankful as I am for still
being in the same position, 
I'll try to explain the big picture
hope you won't fall asleep tonight
Mr. Zolpidem will get a bleeding nose
if he doesn't learn to stay away
at that time of the night
when I'm writing in your back
you can feel but not read
and kisses as question marks
it was five years ago today
Mr. Social Network told my band to play
and we gave the hell of a gig!
you were in the crowd
not among them, obviously
lifted as a queen as proved later
I looked at you and thought "wow..."
at that time I was still naive
and maybe had the idea you were
walking the same ground but
it was as in Sábato's "El túnel"


"...en todo caso había un solo túnel, oscuro y solitario: el mío, el túnel en que había transcurrido mi infancia, mi juventud, toda mi vida. Y en uno de esos trozos transparentes del muro de piedra yo había visto a esta muchacha y había creído ingenuamente que venía por otro túnel paralelo al mío, cuando en realidad pertenecía al ancho mundo, al mundo sin límites de los que no viven en túneles; y quizá se había acercado por curiosidad a una de mis extrañas ventanas y había entrevisto el espectáculo de mi insalvable soledad."

Right? And so on.
I know you noticed me
you were so kind but distant
no objections here, and time
made us acknowledge each other
some common friends
more common than friends
you had someone and I
well I *hysterical laughter*
a line won't resume it
and years gone by
I think we had respect 
some things happened
with mutual commons
then you went on conquest
you told everyone and I
followed all your diaries
and I noticed you were
more down to earth than 
I thought and a lot more
and so, you know I 
wanted you to acknowledge me
to say what you told me today
I've worked on it for years
without a single gram of hope
and it finally happened
couldn't ask for more
but if there's more where
that came from I'm going
for it and I'll go smiling
like Ahab to the white whale
like Aschenbach in Venice
Jesse and Celine in Paris
Ouroboros man & The Crimson Queen
defeating the demon witch
and now you finally are here
maybe want to stay a bit longer
stay don't leave
don't walk the long road alone


I'm not like everybody else

ez dut galduko itxaropena

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario